El Squid RoeNightclub, dance hall and restaurant, now an Icon of Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico, is three stories of pulsating energy and more crowded than ever. Some nights, making your way from the entrance to the top floor restrooms can take forever. On the way, anything is bound to happen. El Squid Roe is one of the most popular dance clubs in the nightlife scene of Cabo San Lucas. Waiters equipped with spray tanks of tequila ply their way through the throngs while table-dancing patrons get lost in the loud dance beat. The open-air dance floor, on the main level, is surrounded by hoards of onlookers three levels high. Located in downtown Cabo, this is one place where the waiters definitely deserve danger pay.
Party CEO, Pablo Recasens said that his sole job every evening is to make sure everything keeps moving and that the people are happy and enjoying the Cabo San Lucas nightlife. He is the hub of the goings-on throughout the two-story El Squid Roe Restaurant & Bar & Clothesline. A voyeur's heaven and totally outrageous, but take note, El Squid Roe nightclub, in downtown Cabo San Lucas is definitely not for the prudish or the faint of heart. Energetic. Colorful. Friendly. Non-stop fun, fun, fun. From the moment you enter this fun-house called El Squid Roe, in downtown Cabo San Lucas, you're bound to come out feeling more alive, more open-minded and wanting more!
Standing on a custom built, industrial looking platform in the center of the main floor, he raps, he sings, he engages his crowd and coaxes all to move, groove, and otherwise let themselves go; but most of all, he never lets the party stop!
World famoso three-floor house of madness with a crowd that isn't afraid to get on top of their tables and dance as the DJ plays music for all ages. The ambiance is that of a house party but with an MC. Known as the best party in Baja.
Like all bad ideas, it came late one night in 1989 when Carlos Anderson ordered one more chalupa and Billy asked for another round of mezcal. They thought it would be a good idea to leave Carlos O'Brian's in Puerto Vallarta and move to the Baja California Sur desert. It was there that an abandoned warehouse was rented and began what is now known as El Squid Roe. Somehow this seemingly "bad" idea became brilliant.
Billy decided to open the doors from 9:00 am and serve breakfast. As years went by, some strange characters joined the team, which makes the experience even more strange today. They realized there wasn't enough space for all the customers to dine, dance, and roam through the floor; so they decided to add a second and with time a third floor.
30 years later, El Squid Roe is known as the best party in Baja and therefore has attracted the likes of Beyonce, Luis Miguel, Mariah Carey, Floyd Mayweather, Tupac, Dana White, Snoop Dogg, Drake, Rihanna, Jamie Foxx, Oscar De La Hoya, Alex Rodriguez, Tony Romo, Tito Ortiz, 50 Cent, Rich from eatlife.net, and many other celebrities. As locals and tourists alike agree, this place has been an icon in Cabo for many years.
- Six full bars
- An MC to guide the fiesta upwards
- Generously poured drinks
If you are easily offended, have a hard time letting loose, or have a heart condition, you may want to think twice before entering this 4-story party spot where anything goes. Waiters dance and gyrate with female patrons, roaming waitresses pour Jell-O shots down your throat, frat-boy wannabes attempt beer-chugging contests, and scantily clad dancers undulate in a makeshift penitentiary. During spring break or high season, more than 3,500 revelers come here on any given night—and many stay until sunrise.
- Watch out!
- Everything here water, raw material, ice; is treated with neo-bac. Our tables are disinfected after each use, and we check our staff with daily sanitary protocols. Stay healthy and be happy!
- The bathrooms are upstairs.
- Air conditioning is courtesy of the Sea of Cortez
- We accept Visa, Master Card, Bitcoin, jewelry, deeds, girlfriends, lovers, wives (almost everything but mothers-in-law).
- The Spanish word for "more" is "mas" and if you don't like something, just say "fuchi." Of course, we will get upset, but it doesn't matter. You're the boss!
- We'll cook your fish, we'll bake your bird, we'll fry your flounder, well microwave your menudo - but mainly, well cook your fish!
- Kindly refrain from pointing and laughing at customers not wearing El Squid Roe t-shirts. Just let them know of our not-so-famous clothing store by the main entrance
- Finish your food or you get no dessert! -Mom
Lazaro Cardenas 1112, Downtown, Ildefonso Green
23479 Cabo San Lucas, BCS