Grooming for Show
It's important for the judge to see the muscling in your goat, so slick shearing the body is a must. Clip no more than 3 days before the show to ensure that hair is short and even.
Working against the grain, and clip as much hair off your goat's face and ears as you can get. You don't have to trim the bony part of the face because the hair is thin here already.
To clip a goad for a show you need
- Clipper Oil
Grooming for Cool Weather Shows
- Shave insides of ears
- Remove beard
- Blend hair on neck shorter in front
- Shorten hair to emphasize brisket
- Smooth hair from elbow to knee
- Shave hair at coronary band of hooves
- Shave sides of tail NOT top, leave "brush"
- Shorten hair on flank & belly
- Shave udder
- Clean up pasterns, shorter hair to front, neaten beneath dewclaws
- Remove long hair from escutcheon & back of thighs
- Neaten hair from hock to dewclaws