Posted Sunday November 27th 2022
In Ireland, cows graze on the green pastures of small family farms. Their milk is chunred to make Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter.
Made with milk from grass-fed cows not treated with rBST or other growth hormones.*
* No significant difference has been shown between milk derived from rBST-treated and non rBST-treated cows:
Perishable. Keep Refrigerated.
WHAT DO WE MEAN WHEN WE SAY OUR PRODUCTS ARE MADE
WITH MILK FROM IRISH GRASS-FED COWS?
- The milk used in Kerrygold products is sourced from Irish dairy cows; cows registered on farms on the island of Ireland. info-icon
- When it comes to dairy, Ireland has a unique advantage, its temperate climate, abundant rainfall and tradition of family farming have resulted in a grass-fed system with typical Irish dairy cows grazing outdoors on rich grass for the majority of the year. info-icon
- To maintain the health and wellbeing of the animals, Irish dairy cows are typically cared for indoors during the winter months and during bad weather conditions. info-icon
- During Ireland’s winter months and during bad weather conditions , a typical Irish dairy cow still enjoys a predominantly grass-based diet. They eat silage, which is fermented, high-moisture fodder cut from summer grass and stored for winter feeding. info-icon
vThroughout the year, to ensure optimum health of the animals, a typical Irish dairy cow’s grass-based diet also includes a very small amount of supplementary feed. This is used to give the cows a healthy and balanced blend of nutrients, providing them with protein, energy, fibre and micronutrients.
Typically, in Ireland, dairy cows are cared for indoors from November to February.
Ornua is the proud owner of Kerrygold
Ornua is an Irish dairy co-operative which markets and sells dairy products on behalf of its members; Ireland’s dairy processors and, in turn, Irish dairy farmers. Ornua buys milk for its Kerrygold products from its members, who in turn, buy all their milk from farmers in their area.
Ornua is a verified member of Bord Bia’s Origin Green food and drink sustainability programme which is underpinned by the Sustainable Dairy Assurance Scheme (SDAS).
The SDAS is Ireland’s national dairy scheme setting out practice on Irish dairy farms in the areas of animal health and welfare, land management, biosecurity, safe farming practices and the production of safe milk.
Kerrygold Salted Butter is a great all-purpose, all-natural butter. Spread it on a warm piece of crusty bread or serve it tableside with every meal. It’s also a wonderful butter for cooking. The grass-fed cow’s milk flavor elevates your dishes and makes Kerrygold the best-tasting butter.
The winds, rain and warming influence of the Gulf Stream all contribute to the lush grass our cows feed on year-round. They produce the sweetest, richest milk in the world, which makes our grass-fed cow’s milk Irish butter taste silky and creamy and glow a healthy, golden yellow.
Pasteurized cream, salt
- Kerrygold butter and cheese are made from both A1 and A2 milk. Kerrygold Salted Pure Irish Butter has a butterfat content of 80%.
- Kerrygold Unsalted Pure Irish Butter has a butterfat content of 82%, while Kerrygold Salted Pure Irish Butter has a butterfat content of 80%. The rest is water, salt and non-fat milk solids (mineral, proteins).
- Milk from cows that are grass-fed is rich in natural beta-carotene. This gives Kerrygold butter and cheese their traditional rich golden color.